Author Topic: Farewell JANARU  (Read 93 times)

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Farewell JANARU
« on: August 20, 2018, 01:40:14 AM »
Today the following sad announcement reached me.

On 17th August Jan Petersen, long-time Administrator, at The Beebotron died.

Her daughter-in-law wrote :

>>>>>>>>Hi Truthyness,

This is Anna, Jan's daughter-in-law...  We were in touch a few years back when she was going through a rough patch with her internet.  Today, I'm emailing you for a much sadder reason...  yesterday, on August 17, 2018, Jan left us to join her mama, nanny, and grandpa in heaven.  We are all devastated...  her first grandbaby, our son Tibby was born just a month ago, and while she saw him daily on video calls and photos, due to the distance, she never got to hold him.  As I was trying to think of everyone to notify, I remembered you, and thought you would appreciate the notice.  Please keep our family in your thoughts.

Much love,
-Anna Petersen- <<<<<<<<<<<

On behalf of the Beebotron the following message was posted at Janaru's Facebook page :

Jan was the backbone of the Beebotron site and worked tirelessly to bring quality BBC programmes to the attention of the membership. She was warm, generous, wise and inclusive. The perfect administrator for any virtual community.

SHE WILL BE SORELY MISSED;

The Beebotron community sends its sincerest condolences to the Petersen family.

The same message will be emailed to Anna Petersen.

A commitment to Mod\'nAdminlyness: I understand that  r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e  *i - s*    f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starc