Author Topic: Faults on BBC iPlayer - Please help by COMPLAINING  (Read 67 times)

Offline Ed

• View Profile
Faults on BBC iPlayer - Please help by COMPLAINING
« on: June 10, 2017, 03:17:57 PM »
I have become increasingly annoyed by the number of times this month I've opened a listen-again page on BBC iPlayer, only to find that the programme has either its start or end missing.

As you know, programmes are added by an automatic system, based on the scheduled broadcast time. If the broadcast actually starts early on Radio 4 Extra, the start will be missing on iplayer; or if it ends late, the end will be missing on iplayer.

I'd like to urge everyone to complain whenever this happens. Only complaints will get this problem remedied.

I'd suggest you base any complaint on a request for a return to the former system, of putting up on iPlayer a 36 minute extract - including the end of the previous show, and the start of the next. Under that arrangement, the iplayer NEVER used to miss off part of the show.

I recently found a new BBC page for reporting technical errors with iplayer -

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/faqs/forms/?eid=comment_appreciation&mid=contact

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Faults on BBC iPlayer - Please help by COMPLAINING
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 09:19:44 AM »
I've had that happen a few times, as well, Ed. The other problem I have is going to a program and it having gone walk-about. :/
Note to self:  Use your powers for good, not for evil.....