Author Topic: Sara Coward (Caroline Sterling) RIP  (Read 152 times)

Offline Lady Penelope

• View Profile
Sara Coward (Caroline Sterling) RIP
« on: March 01, 2017, 06:22:26 PM »
I was sorry to learn from a belated check of the Archers (sorry Tru!) Website of the death of Sara Coward who played Caroline Sterling (nee Bone) in The Archers.  I was wondering why it appeared the Caroline and Oliver were being written out, and very sad to learn the reason.  There is apparently talk of her being replaced, but I rather hope not as  Sara had a very attractive and unique voice, which would be hard to duplicate.

I think the fact that along with many others I remain faithful to the Archers (with difficulty sometimes) supports the theory aired on the other thread that one clings to programmes heard in one's youth.

Caroline, to my mind, was one of the best as well as longer-standing of Ambridge residents and one of the most believable and attractive characters.   She will be sorely missed.

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sara Coward (Caroline Sterling) RIP
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 09:04:48 PM »
Oh I am sorry to hear that Lady P. I can hear her voice now at the mere mention of her name.
Irreplaceable indeed. Glad I don't listen any more.

Thanks for posting this.
More anon. 8)

A commitment to Mod\'nAdminlyness: I understand that  r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e  *i - s*    f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starc

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sara Coward (Caroline Sterling) RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 01:34:21 AM »
I had wondered that, too, Lady P. I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

She will be missed.
Note to self:  Use your powers for good, not for evil.....