Author Topic: New page - Recent Messages  (Read 174 times)

Offline ricklous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New page - Recent Messages
« on: February 23, 2017, 04:49:38 PM »
Hello,

I've added a new page to the site which may help us to keep track of our conversations a bit better than the 'built in' pages.

I think it's roughly analogous to what we're used to - a straight-forward list of date-sorted messages, with name, person, and date, with a marker for the ones you've not read.

As before, clicking the link to the newest thread will mark all posts in that thread 'read'.

Currently you can only get to it from this link:

https://forum.beebotron.org/index.php?page=recent_messages

In the coming days I'll integrate it into the forum a bit more and try to remove the access to the other similar pages (unread, new replies, recent posts, etc) which seem to cause more confusion than they're worth. As someone else has already noted, the nuance of the differences between these built-in pages probably only becomes apparent on a much busier site.

As ever, feedback welcome!

Rick

Offline Ironeyes

• View Profile
Re: New page - Recent Messages
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 10:21:26 PM »
That's an improvement Rick, but I would like to see a separator between the posts, i.e. a simple line would do, just to make the page more readable.

Offline ricklous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 12:07:42 AM »
Good point...as a quick fix, I've shoved some space between each link. I'll play around with more solid separation.

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 01:39:53 AM »
That did help, Rick. This is the first time I've been on since you installed it. Thank you!
Note to self:  Use your powers for good, not for evil.....