Author Topic: Peter Elliot Hayes - Orbit One Zero : 1/6  (Read 137 times)

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Peter Elliot Hayes - Orbit One Zero : 1/6
« on: February 21, 2017, 02:39:32 AM »
The Unseeing Eye http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08fx516
Orbit One Zero by Peter Elliot Hayes Episode 1 of 6
Listen again for 29 days

"A glimpse across a weird threshold, on the rim of space where there should be nothing but eternal, frozen darkness. Yet where there was something more....."

Newspaper reporter, Tom Lambert has decided to re-investigate the strange events of ten years before, concerning the "cosmic noise". Believing the inside story was never told, he's tracked down the only man who knows, Dr Hayward Petrie.

Told in flashbacks, the story unfolds from Dr Petrie's own recordings of the time when the detection of a strange pattern of signals sparks a mysterious discovery...

Starring Felix Felton as Dr Petrie, David Spenser as Tom Lambert, Graydon Gould as Clifford Brown, and Elaine MacNamara as Elizabeth Ryder.
Written by Peter Elliott Hayes
Producer: David Davis
First broadcast on the BBC Home Service in April 1961.

Back to the Paul Temple era only in SciFi mode.

A commitment to Mod\'nAdminlyness: I understand that  r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e  *i - s*    f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starc

Offline TallforaDuck

• View Profile
Re: Peter Elliot Hayes - Orbit One Zero : 1/6
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 11:26:32 AM »
Like I said elsewhere, I have been listening mostly to my collection of radio plays recently and this is in there, I usually enjoy the 'dated' and clipped old fashioned style of some of them, 'Day of the Triffids' is a good example, but I found this to be dreadfully dull and so dated, even I couldn't get through the series.

I may try it again to see if it or I have mellowed, but I'm not hopeful.
'Anima Mea' -My Soul

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 09:45:12 PM »
True TF though Beggars can't be ... and all that!
To me the charm is just that it is so dated! Sort of comforting in this wild world of #45 et al!
Bests 8)

A commitment to Mod\'nAdminlyness: I understand that  r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e  *i - s*    f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starc

Offline TallforaDuck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 07:56:59 AM »
I agree with the sentiment, I was just disappointed with it, like I said, Day of the Triffids is almost its contemporary but is FAR superior, it is though done by Giles Cooper who I believe the Radio Drama awards are named after.

If you're interested I can drop you the files.
'Anima Mea' -My Soul