Author Topic: More old photos  (Read 187 times)

Offline Ironeyes

• View Profile
More old photos
« on: February 12, 2017, 12:12:41 PM »
Following (at some distance) my post of 19th March 2014 re London in the 1960s, I have just discovered the photos in the link below.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/united-kingdom/england/articles/the-first-colour-photographs-of-england/

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: More old photos
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 12:45:23 PM »
And the image reflects the BBC's recalcitrance to audience demands (the boys = audience and the donkeys = Auntie)

A commitment to Mod\'nAdminlyness: I understand that  r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e  *i - s*    f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starc

Offline Ironeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 01:16:55 PM »
Blimey Truthy, you don't miss an opportunity to put the boot in, do you?

BTW, how does the audience make it's demands?

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 07:27:08 PM »
Takes one to know one????

Actually I was trying my hand at the new site, familiarizing myself, grappling.
For some reason some posts are eluding me ... Yours from the 14th didn't show and it's not the first time the hiccup has happened in the past few days.

Rick is giving the site a thorough run through so any gremlins will  be ironed out. Some instances are due to the user (me!!!) being unfamiliar with the lay out and that causes ... "human" errors!!!

The picture was so beautiful, like a painting, and indeed, touched up by hand thus, almost truly a painting.

A commitment to Mod\'nAdminlyness: I understand that  r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e  *i - s*    f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starc