Author Topic: Adieu, Adieu  (Read 94 times)

Offline IvorThirst

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Adieu, Adieu
« on: January 25, 2017, 05:18:19 PM »
.       Ivor

The original and real cat with the swishy tail.
Accept no imitations.

Offline TallforaDuck

• View Profile
Re: Adieu, Adieu
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 09:29:35 PM »
I never cared for \'allo \'allo much but it was in the tradition of so many harmless family comedies... very British in fact, but Gordon Kaye always came across as a very sweet guy who almost couldn\'t believe his luck at the Fame so late in his career he was immensely likeable.

I didn\'t realise about the Dementia a horrible condition which took both of my best friends parents years before they died.

I watched part of an episode a few days ago on Yesterday, a channel I forget is there and I really only watched it as Hilary Minster who played the General lived near me, (his son Jack was in my sons class) I was sad when I read how many of the cast had gone, Hilary went in 1999 dear Sam Kelly a couple of years ago and so many others.

I may not have enjoyed it but as with Last of the Summer Wine, I liked the fact there was a place where so many actors who had given me so much pleasure over the years,, still had somewhere to go.

RIP Gordon you\'ll always be thought fondly of.
'Anima Mea' -My Soul

Offline IvorThirst

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 10:08:11 PM »
My admiration for Gorden stems from the fact that, after a car accident (27 years ago today) where as plank went through the car windscreen and into his forehead, he recovered to film further episodes of the series of \'Allo, \'Allo. After the brain surgery, his recovery was enhanced by watching films of early episodes to remind him of his technique.
.       Ivor

The original and real cat with the swishy tail.
Accept no imitations.

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 12:01:43 AM »
What an extraordinary ordeal to overcome Ivor, and could it perhaps have sparked the dementia condition. He was a very lovable performer. Some of T.F\'s comments I can go along with. If the series was over hammy it still constituted some very relaxing enjoyable light entertainment in which it was great seeing familiar faces. Here\'s hoping BBC\'s entertainment channel get motivated to broadcast the series again soon. I\'d no idea Croft was behind it, or that he had composed the theme music.

IvorThirst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My admiration for Gorden stems from the fact that,
> after a car accident (27 years ago today) where as
> plank went through the car windscreen and into his
> forehead, he recovered to film further episodes of
> the series of \'Allo, \'Allo. After the brain
> surgery, his recovery was enhanced by watching
> films of early episodes to remind him of his
> technique.

A commitment to Mod\'nAdminlyness: I understand that  r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e  *i - s*    f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starc