Author Topic: David Ashton - Boswell at Large: A Corsican Adventure  (Read 137 times)

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
David Ashton - Boswell at Large: A Corsican Adventure
« on: January 22, 2017, 01:01:52 AM »
Radio 4 Drama
Boswell at Large: A Corsican Adventure
Listen again for 29 days

An irreverent riff on James Boswell\'s Tour to Corsica.

By the creator of Radio 4\'s much loved detective series McLevy, David Ashton.

James Boswell is 24 and under pressure to grow up and become a man. He heads to Europe to buy some time and sets foot on Corsica, hoping for adventure. What he finds is a fearless society of freedom fighters and their charismatic leader.

Flutist: Claire Simpson

Directed by Kirsty Williams.

A commitment to Mod\'nAdminlyness: I understand that  r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e  *i - s*    f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starc

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: David Ashton - Boswell at Large: A Corsican Adventure
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 12:31:52 PM »
I\'ll take a look at this one, thanks, Tru. (tu)
Note to self:  Use your powers for good, not for evil.....

Offline TallforaDuck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 02:33:31 PM »
Have just used Get_iplayer to download this and will be interesting hopefully it will be up to his McLevy standard.

As an aside I started listening to Ashtons \'The Windbear\'  whilst walking the dog.

I have started this three times before but hated the intro so gave up. This time I got past it and it is rather splendid with the much missed Bernard Hepton putting in a superb performance. Hopefully \'Boswell\' will be as good.
'Anima Mea' -My Soul

Offline Lothbrok

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 02:20:07 PM »

This seemed more a labour of love from David Ashton's point of view, it was a bit laboured to my mind  - still you can't blame him for it.
Personally, I would have preferred if he had continued to use Boswell as the friend of Dr Johnson in the further alphabetical adventures in a
continuation of "Dr Johnson's Dictionary Of Crime".   But then Timothy West may not have been available, he seems to be sadly absent from the radio in the last few years.