Author Topic: In the immortal words of Doctor Who.....  (Read 271 times)

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
In the immortal words of Doctor Who.....
« on: November 09, 2016, 07:26:34 AM »
.....and on behalf of the sane half of the United States of America....

\"I\'m sorry......I\'m so, so sorry.\"  :(
Note to self:  Use your powers for good, not for evil.....

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: In the immortal words of Doctor Who.....
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 08:39:39 AM »
Lol....saw this on Facebook:

BRITAIN:  Brexit was the stupidest, most self-destructive act a country could undertake.

USA:   Hold my drink.....

:P

Offline Ironeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 10:53:04 AM »

Offline IvorThirst

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 11:43:06 AM »
It\'s started raining; do you think that someone up there is crying? #-o
.       Ivor

The original and real cat with the swishy tail.
Accept no imitations.

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 04:40:49 PM »
Janaru Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> .....and on behalf of the sane half of the United
> States of America....
>
>
> \"I\'m sorry......I\'m so, so sorry.\"  :(

Sheesh! Sure puts sense into the old Chinese proverb about interesting times!

Curses. Tighten those seat-belts - turbulence ahead!

I console myself by the belief that the oil boys tend to run the shop, I don\'t see him facing them down! Otoh, could it mean the ride gets even rougher?

A commitment to Mod\'nAdminlyness: I understand that  r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e  *i - s*    f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starc

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 10:09:10 PM »
We\'ve always been nuts....but these folks? They\'re totally off the chain. #-o

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 01:16:02 AM »
Being a bit of an anorak where politics are concerned, I\'ve tried tuning in to the news ... but, strange to say, nuffin cooking! Concentration lapses, yawning kicks in despite zapping, and zapping : Russia Today, Euronews, BBC, France 24, Belgian tv (to my surprise, one of the most interesting), CNN ... etc. etc. The Beltway media instantly self-gagged and very little that was interesting was to be heard.

It\'s time for global hibernation, think I\'ll wake up in 5 years time ... to see what\'s going on in 2021.

Loved the snippet about Canada\'s immigration web site crashing a few hours after the result!

A commitment to Mod\'nAdminlyness: I understand that  r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e  *i - s*    f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starc

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 01:19:13 AM »
Poised to tune in to some Bram Stoker horror, gave up the ghost faced with the larger than life horrors of the day.

I shall not be starc

Offline Ironeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2016, 03:54:09 AM »
Janaru Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We\'ve always been nuts....but these folks? They\'re totally off the chain. #-o

It\'s your own collective fault. Had your ancestors not tarnished their sound British gene pool with all that foreign DNA, following the unnecessary skirmish 240 years ago, you could have been governed in a similar fashion to that enjoyed by us cautious, levelheaded, perceptive folk on this side of the pond.

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 08:00:34 AM »
RIght? Lol (:P)

It\'s funny (not humorous) that you use that cartoon, Ironeyes, in that that\'s what I\'ve been preaching to these folks since they started this mess.
It doesn\'t say, \"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.....unless they are Muslim....have a good job waiting.....etc....\".

They don\'t seem to understand, or are willfully ignorant to the fact, that they are destroying with one hand the very narratives the are holding up as sacred with the other.

I\'m with Tru....I\'d like to hide for the duration. :(

Offline Ironeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 01:17:37 AM »
I love number 5.

Smile, it\'s not that bad

Never heard of H L Mencken before today, but now having read other examples of his wit, I feel more enlightened.

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2016, 01:32:04 PM »
This is one is full of \"Yes!\".....

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2016, 02:30:15 PM »
Thanks Ironeyes, haven\'t laughed so much in 48 hours!
# 2 definitely hits it for me but it ties with # 10 \"tweet & nuke\"

It seems he\'s going back on everything he said ... scaredy-cat!

The look on his face sat beside Barak at the Oval office - he looked dwarfed and those shifty eyes registered one single deep emotion : FEAR!

All you believers out there, right now, on your knees and get PRAYING!

I shall not be starc

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2016, 03:15:31 AM »
No Platform - a thought provoking listen that ties in with current protests pond side ...

available to listen for a while ...

<<<
The NUS policy of \'No Platform\', which blocks members of six proscribed organisations speaking on university campuses, has been the subject of a huge amount of debate recently. Similarly, the related issue of establishing so-called \'safe spaces\' within universities, which results in speakers being blocked because their opinions might offend or upset members of the student population, has been widely discussed, with many commentators suggesting the creation of a new generation gap opening up between middle-aged graduates concerned about free speech on campus and younger students who say this older group is out of touch with a politics more concerned with identity than class. As Professor Andrew Hussey explores in this programme, in fact both \'No Platform\' and \'Safe Spaces\' were created by that older generation, having been born out of the student politics movements of the 1970s and 1980s, and while they were primarily concerned with keeping the violent message of the far right away from campus, they also saw many other speakers either barred from talking or angrily shouted down. Hussey will hear how no platforming, made official NUS policy in 1974, took its inspiration from the disruptive methods of anti-fascist campaigners in the 1930s. Having examined this history, Hussey will set about (with help from contributors including David Aaronovitch, Kaite Welsh and Richard Brooks from the NUS) examining whether there has indeed been a shift in recent times, making the current incarnations of \'no platform\' and \'safe spaces\' a real danger, as many have suggested, to free speech on University campuses. Along the way he\'ll consider archive both recent and dating back to the 70s/80s, and examine what for him is one of the most troubling aspects of this whole debate - the use of \'safe spaces\' as an excuse to barrack and intimidate speakers through the employment of the \'heckler\'s veto\'.
>>>

I shall not be starc

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2016, 02:02:50 PM »
I\'ll definitely check that out, Tru. Thanks. :)

Spoke to my eldest for a long time yesterday. He is, as well he should be, completely livid!  He turned me onto this thing,....gives you cold chills....and not in a good way.

Trump Has An \'Enemy List\' & \'A Long Memory

Oh, and heard the news this morning, one of the first people he\'s met with is Nigel Farage. #-o