Author Topic: Tight Shoes  (Read 187 times)

Offline TallforaDuck

• View Profile
Tight Shoes
« on: March 15, 2016, 04:51:55 PM »
You know when a shoe pinches away at you and nothing you do will give you relief until you take them off? The feeling and loud exclamation of \"Aaah!!\" is one of the best feelings in the world. Well mentally, when something pinches away at you and someone eventually puts you out of your misery, well that feels almost better.

That being the case, I wonder if anyone has a clue as to what play is bugging me, but the title will not come and haing looked through my large, but poorly catalogued collection, I am at a loss.

It is an Elizabethan murder mystery, I think revolving around Christopher Marlowe and him finding a fellow writer dead. It was recorded over seven years ago, so this might be a shot to nothing, but a shot nonetheless.

Any ideas folks?
'Anima Mea' -My Soul

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tight Shoes
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 05:18:40 PM »
Sherlock, come home, we love you !!!

Have you tried Paul\'s site ; www.radiolistings.co.uk.

But you\'ll have to trawl. and then there\'s that other site ... erm forget the name now ... will post it shortly.

The worst thing is that you passed the toe pinch on to me now!!!!!!

And while we\'re on the subject, there are a couple of plays of that kind lurking at the back of my muddy memory too. more on that later! B)-

A commitment to Mod\'nAdminlyness: I understand that  r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e  *i - s*    f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starc

Offline TallforaDuck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 07:02:52 PM »
I did start to try Pauls site, but many of the pages are not accessible any more sadly (td) Like you, I think there are more in this vein, I think there was a four part series in a similar vein... but they wern\'t the ones either.
'Anima Mea' -My Soul

Offline tepeethetroll

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 10:53:35 PM »
Hello TallForADuck -

The only thing I can suggest (which I guess you may have investigated already) is the series entitled \"The Christopher Marlowe Mysteries\". I have them saved to my EHD so have not checked yet on when they were first broadcast or even the date that I recorded them but it must have been several years ago now..
I\'m NOT paranoid......thats just what THEY want you to think!!!

Offline TallforaDuck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 11:13:04 PM »
Hi Teepee, thank you, that is the name of the ones I couldn\'t remember, but sadly aren\'t the ones I was looking for, I think I have them on an EHD too.

If I remember correctly, the one I am looking for is more in the style of \'Dissolution\' or it\'s recent follow up \'Sovereign\' the two CJ Sansom adaptations, both of which are excellent by the way.

Appreciate the effort though.
'Anima Mea' -My Soul

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 05:51:57 PM »
I think I remember the ones you\'re talking about, but I\'m no help on the name. Phillip Marlowe Mysteries, and the Sansom series (which is I like VERY much) are the only two that come to mind.

If I remember correctly, I recorded them, so I\'ll have a look-see and let you know if I discover it.
Note to self:  Use your powers for good, not for evil.....