Author Topic: Radio Listings  (Read 283 times)

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Radio Listings
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2016, 08:22:20 PM »
Grinding to the end of Pilgrim. Talk about ear-blisters! Gawd,  w-h-a-t  a SLOG, dunno what type of mushrooms Baczkiewicz was while writing this, but he might have been better off sticking to a straight malt!

I\'m \"properly\" relieved!

If the adjective \"properly\" comes within earshot in any script between now and next leap year I\'ll scream!

A commitment to Mod\'nAdminlyness: I understand that  r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e  *i - s*    f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starc

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2016, 12:07:21 PM »
I seem to remember that Pilgrim was never your cup of tea, Tru. I think you\'d tried before. Personally, I love it, and have since the beginning, which makes a huge difference, imo. So much of the enjoyment, and frankly the best part, is the long arc. I thought they ended it well, though I will miss it.

Tunambay was well acted, well produced, but went on and on and on with side stories that never really came to fruition, imo, and they telegraphed the ending twist way early in the series, so that was disappointing to me. But, I enjoyed it for the most part.

I started, \"The Corrupted\", Tallfora, and I it caught me right away, but something happened and I got pulled off the series (probably computer issues) and never finished it. It was pretty gritty, as I recall.
Note to self:  Use your powers for good, not for evil.....

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2016, 11:00:58 PM »
I don\'t recall having heard it before, though I vaguely remember the name of the thing and guessing it was sci-fi fairy tales therefore let it be.

The Great Bard Will handles those kinds of things SOOOOOOOOO much better : Mid Summer Night\'s Dream, The Tempest, Macbeth etc. etc... so, well, I\'ve properly said that now.

As for the beginning that\'s just where I (if only my poor blistered ears had guessed!) began, more fool me! Still there was a brief moment with Philip Jackson and a couple of other good actors to cheer me along the way. But I\'ve been drearied to death and these moans are in lieu of compensation!(:P)

Tumanbay had it\'s limitations, it has to be said, but at least there was SUSPENSE and lots of it. The end was a bit of a damp squib though. It was just 6 eps, long as opposed to Pilgrim\'s enless (ruddy) progress ... which, as I may already have mentioned, went onandon ... and there was precious little \"coming to fruition there\" that I noticed. Ooops and that reminds me Series 6 finishes in mid air! Is Backiewicz is gonna come back with MORE! Yeouwch my ears are crackling at the mention!

(:D

Happy listening all! :)-D

P.S. We\'ll keep each other in the \"loop\" viz. \"corrupted\" over in P.M.s B)

Janaru Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I seem to remember that Pilgrim was never your cup
> of tea, Tru. I think you\'d tried before.
> Personally, I love it, and have since the
> beginning, which makes a huge difference, imo. So
> much of the enjoyment, and frankly the best part,
> is the long arc. I thought they ended it well,
> though I will miss it.
>
> Tunambay was well acted, well produced, but went
> on and on and on with side stories that never
> really came to fruition, imo, and they telegraphed
> the ending twist way early in the series, so that
> was disappointing to me. But, I enjoyed it for the
> most part.
>
> I started, \"The Corrupted\", Tallfora, and I it
> caught me right away, but something happened and I
> got pulled off the series (probably computer
> issues) and never finished it. It was pretty
> gritty, as I recall.

A commitment to Mod\'nAdminlyness: I understand that  r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e  *i - s*    f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starc

Offline TallforaDuck

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2016, 11:11:25 AM »
I agree with Janaru on this, BUT completely understand where Truthy is coming from, I had a two hour journey to Tonbridge this week and listened to series 7 of Pilgrim, I must admit it was a bit droopy and because it was many months since I\'d listened to series 6, I felt a bit disconnected from it.

Definitely needs to be listened to like a talking book to fully enjoy in my opinion and is so at odds with the other Baczkiewicz plays I have, I listened to an old favourite \'The Accountant of Solyanka Square\' whilst walkin the dog last week and it was still as good as I remembered... in general, I like his stuff.
'Anima Mea' -My Soul

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2016, 02:25:26 PM »
Yes, on the whole I enjoy Baczkiewicz\'s work too.

I shall not be starc

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2016, 05:42:58 PM »
I always listen to previous series before tackling the new ones, so I wasn\'t quite so disconnected, that being said, if I\'d had my druthers, I\'d have wished for more of what they had in the last episode in the previous episodes of this particular series....but no matter....I was satisfied.

And no fair comparing him to The Bard, Tru! Talk about a hard act to follow.....we can\'t all be Billy Shakes, ya\' know. ;)
Note to self:  Use your powers for good, not for evil.....