Author Topic: Radio Listings  (Read 252 times)

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Radio Listings
« on: March 04, 2016, 10:04:36 PM »
When my computer threw up I lost Paul\'s Radio Listings site bookmark. Does anyone happen to have the URL?
Note to self:  Use your powers for good, not for evil.....

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Radio Listings
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 10:29:41 PM »

A commitment to Mod\'nAdminlyness: I understand that  r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e  *i - s*    f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starc

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 10:36:40 PM »
Bless you! :)-D
Note to self:  Use your powers for good, not for evil.....

Offline TallforaDuck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 02:42:22 PM »
Hi, forgive me for jumping straight in without an introduction, I was trying to use the site at the weekend and sadly quite a number of the pages are now unobtainable (to me anyway).

Paul who runs the site has not posted since Oct 2013, where I believe he had lost his parents and also had serious medical issues himself.

It would be a terrible shame if it became  unusable, after such a huge amount of hard work on his part, it is the best source I have found for radio drama info, on the internet.

Does anyone have any knowledge of a contact for him.... I have tried the site e-mail, most importantly, to find out how he is and to find out if anyone can help update/repair this fantastic site.
'Anima Mea' -My Soul

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 08:02:24 PM »
Hello TallFor,
A hearty welcome.
I\'m guessing there are many in the same boat as you.
I had reached the same point as far as news updates on Paul were concerned.
It would be good if someone were to chip in with more recent information.
His site is unquestionably the best resource available. So much effort has gone into it.

As for Pilgrim, I\'m finding them to be much of a muchness, though it is true that listening to 3 in a row might be a bit excessive! Tumanbay by contrast, seemed really grim in the first episode but nonetheless compelling, and as the adventure wore on I became gripped by the suspense. In so many cases of cliff-hangers (in more way than one in this case) the last episode is often a let down.

Great to have you on the boards,
Tru

A commitment to Mod\'nAdminlyness: I understand that  r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e  *i - s*    f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starc

Offline IvorThirst

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 10:31:18 PM »
Hey up mi duck. Welcome. As you say, it\'s a couple of years since Paul was active on this site - unless he\'s been lurking as a guest and that was never his style. If there is no reply from his site, I can\'t think of anything else.
.       Ivor

The original and real cat with the swishy tail.
Accept no imitations.

Offline TallforaDuck

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 10:58:02 PM »
Thanks for the welcome both of you and the info, it is frustrating Radiolistings doesn\'t function properly, I guess we have no right to bitch though, I am grateful that it exists, but if someone could take up the mantle it would be terrific, having lost Radioarchive as a great source of plays, losing Pauls site would be another huge blow, it\'s particularly sad that despite a growth in tv torrent sites, finding radio ones gets harder and harder.

As for the many episode series, the GF Newman \'The Corrupted\' frankly didn\'t sound my cup of tea in the press release, but Boy was I wrong! One of the most compelling shows I\'ve ever heard and although I like Pilgrim, \'Corrupted\' is on a whole different level, I will give Tumanbay another go in a few weeks, I just think I will struggle again.
'Anima Mea' -My Soul

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 02:31:40 AM »
Hmmm, \"Corrupted\" is one that slipped my attention, I\'ll have to give it a try.(tu)

I shall not be starc

Offline TallforaDuck

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 07:35:36 AM »
I am pretty sure you wont be disappointed, the ubiquitous but magnificent Toby Jones is in it and I look forward to the next series with the same sort of anticipation usually reserved for McLevy.
'Anima Mea' -My Soul

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 02:09:20 PM »
Hmm! It\'s not been aired since 2013 ... perhaps that means it\'s due for a repeat in the not too distant future.

I shall not be starc

Offline TallforaDuck

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 05:28:57 PM »
Hopefully, I read somewhere, can\'t remember where, that a third series is on the cards and usually, they might replay the second... in order to lead into the new one.

I\'m not sure of the etiquette on here, I wouldn\'t want to transgress, but I am happy to supply a cd of the recording if needed.
'Anima Mea' -My Soul

Offline ricklous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 08:16:02 PM »
TallforaDuck Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I\'m not sure of the etiquette on here, I wouldn\'t
> want to transgress, but I am happy to supply a cd
> of the recording if needed.

There\'s no official policy.

A request for a copy of something that\'s been missed isn\'t gonna rock any legal boats I don\'t think, but I\'d rather we didn\'t become a full-on swap-shop.

Welcome to the forum, by the way

Offline tepeethetroll

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2016, 08:56:30 PM »
Hello and welcome Tallforaduck.

Truthy. I missed all of \"Tumanbay\" and ended up downloading all the episodes from the BBC podcast string and subsequently listened to all in one shot. I didn\'t really get into it until about episode three but from then on I was hooked. Trouble is I believe that a couple of the eps are out of order so may have to listen again.....its probably me getting it all wrong yet again.@\'.2\'@
I\'m NOT paranoid......thats just what THEY want you to think!!!

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2016, 10:39:55 PM »
Nonono TeePee, I recall they quite messed up my enjoyment when I wound up hearing ep 5 \'stead of 4. (Could \'ave strangled \'em)

I shall not be starc

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2016, 10:40:41 PM »
No worries TallFor,
You may want to check your P.M.s  

TallforaDuck Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hopefully, I read somewhere, can\'t remember where,
> that a third series is on the cards and usually,
> they might replay the second... in order to lead
> into the new one.
>
> I\'m not sure of the etiquette on here, I wouldn\'t
> want to transgress, but I am happy to supply a cd
> of the recording if needed.

I shall not be starc