Author Topic: They\'ve broken the podcasts  (Read 299 times)

Offline Axel Berger

• View Profile
They\'ve broken the podcasts
« on: June 05, 2015, 01:20:15 AM »
For a long time now there has been no more listen again and I was reduced to the podcasts on offer, which means no more Radio 4 extra for me. Up until a week agor at least those used to work fine. The \"Beyond Belief\" one is broken completely, I get a 403 error labeled \"noukerr\". The others still seem to download fine, but where before they all had sensible filenames, now all I get is a cryptic jumble of characters. Why oh why can\'t the BBC change anything without breaking it in the process. That website used tro be so nice around the time BBC 7 first came up.
Axel
P.S: I\'m surprised to be the first to moan about it here, does it still work for you?

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: They\'ve broken the podcasts
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 02:08:22 AM »
::o !!! Axel (great reading you again, it\'s been a whileB)-) it seems to me I\'ve been seeing these kind of complaints for a long long while. But perhaps we\'re not talking about the same issue. Listen Again isn\'t the same as podcasting. As to the latter I think the difficulties I encountered downloading were due to copyright. But it\'s been a while since I tried so maybe I\'ve fallen behind the times. Now I listen again on iPlayer (ugh!) but record as the L.A. is running. It\'s a bit primitive I know, but, being technologically challenged I can\'t do better.

The main gripe on the boards used to be lack of content, compared with the heady days of R7, but as time goes by technical difficulties have been on the increase (I suspect the BBC has been struck by a phantom tsunami!) either way the situation is pretty dismal.

A commitment to Mod\'nAdminlyness: I understand that  r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e  *i - s*    f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starc

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 09:32:40 AM »
I know this is a woefully late response, and I honestly can\'t remember if I was having podcast difficulties during the time of the original post, but I have been have issues this week.

The ones I download were late being put up, file names were odd (at least different than normal). I managed to get the all eventually, but it took a day or two which hasn\'t been my experience in the past.

Are you still having trouble, Axel? (and I join Tru joy in seeing you on the boards again! :) )
Note to self:  Use your powers for good, not for evil.....

Offline Axel Berger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 07:01:23 PM »
Fortunately my RSS feeds tend to arrive in time - some casts are late sometimes, but that has always happened from time to time. I still get those cryptic names telling me nothing about what it is and forcing me to rename manually in each and every case. I had a mail from BBC promising to rectify things but an empty promise is all it was. And of course that mail couldnot be replied to, so I just gave up in disgust.

Offline Genaml

• View Profile
Theyve broken the podcasts
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 10:02:12 AM »
i have found that the forum software does not like the "s" in the https remove the s and it might work....the preview button is your friend too