Author Topic: Thank you, BBC, for forcing us to use Flash - to listen to the bloody radio!  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Shangri-la?

A commitment to Mod\'nAdminlyness: I understand that  r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e  *i - s*    f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starc

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Mordor?
Note to self:  Use your powers for good, not for evil.....

Offline Matamore!

• View Profile
Mozilla blocks Flash by default on Firefox browser - BBC News

The block comes soon after Facebook\'s newly appointed security chief Alex Stamos publicly called for Adobe to kill off Flash.

\"It is time for Adobe to announce the end-of-life date for Flash and to ask the browsers to set killbits on the same day,\" he said in a tweet.

In a later message he said Adobe setting a date would help everyone plan and prepare for the day it no longer worked.

Flash, and other Adobe products, regularly feature among the top 10 applications favoured by criminals keen to compromise computers and steal saleable data because they are used on so many devices.

I simply can\'t imagine the BBC being able to cope with this at all.

Offline ricklous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I\'m not as critical of the BBC as some around here, but the death of Flash is something the BBC *really* needs to get right. The warning bells were sounded when Steve Jobs said Apple would never put flash on an iPhone, and that was five years ago. Lets hope they\'ve spent that time wisely...

Offline Matamore!

• View Profile