Author Topic: Some episodes mysteriously not available for 4 weeks  (Read 591 times)

Offline Ironeyes

• View Profile
Re: Some episodes mysteriously not available for 4 weeks
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2015, 03:45:02 PM »
Truthyness Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It\'s weird the way they this glitches are happening. These days we have to OK the flash player first before being able to listen on iPlayer. Grrrrrrrrrr

That was nothing to do with the BBC. It was all down to Adobe\'s insecurity complex.

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2015, 12:36:46 AM »
The BBC elects to impose the software on us! It seems to me that much ink has been spilled on the subject of Auntie\'s ill-advised choices in that domain.

A commitment to Mod\'nAdminlyness: I understand that  r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e  *i - s*    f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starc

Offline Matamore!

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2015, 02:20:03 AM »
Utterly unpredictable (quite maddeningly so):

BBC Radio 4 Extra - Armando Iannucci\'s Charm Offensive, Series 3, Episode 5

Last on
Sat 11 Jul 2015 22:30
BBC Radio 4 Extra
Sorry, this episode is not currently available on BBC iPlayer Radio

This is in spite of the fact that episodes 4 and 6, broadcast respectively 1 week before and 1 week after this episode, are both still available (in each case, for the anticipated remainder of the advertised 4-week period).

Offline gentledove

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2015, 02:45:26 PM »
So much for the proms being available for a month.....some are...many aren\'t..  I am sick and tired of seeing that the episode will soon be available, when it never is :-(.   BAD BBC!

Sarah...aka gentledove

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2015, 02:17:02 AM »
Heya! GD, nice to hear from you.

Sorry though to hear the same slip ups are going on at Auntie\'s as last year :(

A commitment to Mod\'nAdminlyness: I understand that  r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e  *i - s*    f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starc

Offline gentledove

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2015, 03:19:23 AM »
It was a rough summer....sick a lot.  Almost forgot about the Proms.....and I am ticked beyond belief that Prom 35 wouldn\'t play for me.  Oh well...the joys of Auntie!

How are YOU doing, Truthy?   Did you ever get my Christmas card?

Sarah...aka gentledove

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2015, 03:33:02 AM »
Sorry to hear about the health issues. Sure I got the card, very pretty it was too. Apologies for not reciprocating. I\'m a poor communicator ... outside of email that is!

BBC web sites can be erratic and it is very frustrating. Hopefully, in due course the glitch will be fixed. I\'m not a very keen Promenader for some reason or another. Though I do very much appreciate classical music.

Have you tried using the bbc\'s glitch link. If you complain, after a few days, generally, the error will be corrected.

I can\'t remember where the link was posted here on the boards, but if I can find it again I\'ll copy it on this thread.

Cheers,
Tru

I shall not be starc