Author Topic: bbc breakdown log  (Read 820 times)

Offline Matamore!

• View Profile
Re: bbc breakdown log
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2014, 09:33:36 PM »
And they rub salt in the wound with those irritating advertisements that consist of smug recitations of meaningless phrases all beginning with the word \'iplayer\' - it makes me want to strangle somebody, every time.

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2015, 01:02:19 PM »
From my location it\'s a BBC BLANK day today. No live stream at R3 R4 R4X.

Yet the BBC down site assures me it\'s up and running normally!

But hey! it figures, it\'s the day after Friday 13th::o

A commitment to Mod\'nAdminlyness: I understand that  r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e  *i - s*    f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starc

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2015, 01:10:39 PM »
Live doesn\'t work @ R3 but it does from 4X.

The Wazzocks are at it in the boiler room.

And though the LYING FARTS  at the BBC down site declare ALL WELL WITH THE WORLD. The BBC 4X site at the daily schedule page just delivered a picture of a clown saying \"sorry there\'s a site problem\".

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

NOW THIS REALLY DOES FALL SQUARELY INTO THE GREAT SCHEME OF BBC LOGIC doesn\'t it!

X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X(X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X(

A commitment to Mod\'nAdminlyness: I understand that  r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e  *i - s*    f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starc

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2015, 01:15:26 PM »
And the lying toe rags are telling listeners to refresh their browsers! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Nothing doing in Chrome or Firefox. This refresh your browser/leaves on the line approach is new to me!

I shall not be starc

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2015, 01:30:56 PM »
The clown now says :

This might be because:

We are experiencing abnormal traffic to our network or
    the service or servers it is on is not currently available.

Please try the following options instead:

Try again later once we have solved the problem.
    Use our site index

I shall not be starc

Offline ricklous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2015, 02:11:33 PM »
This is probably your best place to find out when they\'re back up:

https://twitter.com/bbcnews

Those \'is it just me\' sites are useful but not perfect. The reason it thought the bbc site was fine is because, technically, it is - the website is still giving us a page to display in a browser. It\'s just that the page served up is telling us that its usual content isn\'t available because some machine elsewhere isn\'t available.

It\'s a bit like getting an answering machine when you ring someone. You\'d consider it an unanswered call bacause you didn\'t get the person you were calling, but the telco considers it an answered call because \'something\' picked the line up to tell you there was no-one home.

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2015, 02:17:39 PM »
8-) And it\'s a bbc site! No surprises there then!
Thank you kindly for the info Rick. And it is at times like this that the Beeboron comes/came into its own!

I shall not be starc

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2015, 02:47:16 PM »
The weekly schedule page is loading again, if in a somewhat bilious green \'stead of pink!
And the L.A. pages are reappearing
And hark! Hark! There is sound, they\'ve got some of it going again! Sure but they\'re a bright lot, the lads manning the systems and that\'s a fact!

I would dearly love an web-cam pointed at the boiler-room so we could watch these slapheads at work. Why is it always at weekends that they crash the system! It\'s St. Paddy\'s soon, so maybe it\'s a case of Murphy\'s Law!

I shall not be starc