Author Topic: Every Doc has his day  (Read 495 times)

Offline IvorThirst

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Every Doc has his day
« on: November 24, 2013, 04:56:46 PM »
Anyone see last night\'s \'Day of the Doctor\'? If you are in the zone, it is repeated on BBC3 tonight at 19:00. It was well-worked with all the Doctors involved including John Hurt - I don\'t really remember him in previous episodes. There was a brief glimpse of Peter Capaldi. In one of today\'s papers a big thing was being made of him not being involved. Strictly speaking, he\'s not yet a Doctor.

IE, I started this before 16:39, but had to break off to turns down the heat on my dinner vegetables.
.       Ivor

The original and real cat with the swishy tail.
Accept no imitations.

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Every Doc has his day
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 06:48:13 PM »
Dunno if I can catch it, but even over here Whovians have impacted on the schedules, yesterday I caught a cartoon version of the series incarnating David Tennant (a ruddy good actor he) The Infinite Quest. I actually found myself preferring this stylized rendition than the straight Who revival series (they\'ve dicked about with the theme tune for starters). I think it\'s the slick special effects which I find so off-putting and I can\'t get worked up about Who beyond Troughton, Pertwee, Hartnell aaaand ... inevitably THE DALEKS (heavy competition for Darth Vader!) There was more suspense in those days too, one never really knew if the Dr. would return ... now we\'ve twigged to the fact that he\'ll go on and on and on ...

A commitment to Mod\'nAdminlyness: I understand that  r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e  *i - s*    f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starc

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 08:01:18 AM »
Since the first Doctor I ever saw was Tom Baker I can\'t compare. I love the new ones! Hope I get to see Day of the Doctor, Ive.
Note to self:  Use your powers for good, not for evil.....

Offline IvorThirst

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 11:11:48 AM »
I was under the impression that it was a simulcast all over the world.
.       Ivor

The original and real cat with the swishy tail.
Accept no imitations.

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 09:41:47 AM »
Ooh, maybe it was. Probably on cable. :(
Note to self:  Use your powers for good, not for evil.....