Author Topic: Printable R4 Extra Listings  (Read 6971 times)

Offline Andrew Slater

• View Profile
Re: Printable R4 Extra Listings
« Reply #360 on: February 18, 2017, 09:30:58 AM »
The Radio 4 Extra listing for the seven days beginning 18/02/17 has been posted at the following permanent link:

http://www.radio-lists.org.uk/4x

This contains the online listing and the pdf: hover the mouse over the 'pdf' button and right-click and 'save as' to download, or left-click to display and then possibly print through the pdf viewer.

The rtf version is no longer produced, but there is a printer-friendly html version under the 'print-frendly' button; download and viewing is as per the procedure above for the pdf.

An archive is being built up - see the 'archive' button. Archive versions are also available under the 'print-friendly' button.

Note that the online version now lands on the current programme; to read next week's list early, use the 'Archive' drop-down list.

Offline Andrew Slater

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 24, 2017, 10:26:49 PM »
The Radio 4 Extra listing for the seven days beginning 25/02/17 has been posted at the following permanent link:

This contains the online listing and the pdf: hover the mouse over the 'pdf' button and right-click and 'save as' to download, or left-click to display and then possibly print through the pdf viewer.

The rtf version is no longer produced, but there is a printer-friendly html version under the 'print-frendly' button; download and viewing is as per the procedure above for the pdf.

An archive is being built up - see the 'archive' button. Archive versions are also available under the 'print-friendly' button.

Note that the online version now lands on the current programme; to read next week's list early, use the 'Archive' drop-down list.

Offline Andrew Slater

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 03, 2017, 07:21:28 PM »
The Radio 4 Extra listing for the seven days beginning 04/03/17 has been posted at the following permanent link:

Offline Andrew Slater

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 10, 2017, 07:59:13 PM »
The Radio 4 Extra listing for the seven days beginning 11/03/17 has been posted at the following permanent link:

Offline Andrew Slater

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 18, 2017, 08:33:15 AM »
The Radio 4 Extra listing for the seven days beginning 18/03/17 has been posted at the following permanent link:

Offline Andrew Slater

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 25, 2017, 07:58:47 PM »
Slightly later than usual .......

The Radio 4 Extra listing for the seven days beginning 25/03/17 has been posted at the following permanent link:

Offline Andrew Slater

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 31, 2017, 10:17:16 PM »
The Radio 4 Extra listing for the seven days beginning 01/04/17 has been posted at the following permanent link:

Offline Andrew Slater

• View Profile
Re: Printable R4 Extra Listings - Ending Soon
« Reply #367 on: April 07, 2017, 07:31:58 PM »
I've received an email from the BBC which advises that the service which I've been using for the listings will be withdrawn on 18th April.

The alternative of trying to extract the information automatically from the web pages seems infeasible, so there will be just two more sets of listings (including this one) and then that'll be it, it seems.

If I manage to find an alternative, I'll let you know, but it looks very bleak.
:(

The Radio 4 Extra listing for the seven days beginning 08/04/17 has been posted at the following permanent link:

« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 07:56:18 PM by Andrew Slater »

Offline IvorThirst

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 07, 2017, 09:46:04 PM »
Hi Andrew

I suppose that all good things must come to an end! Thanks for all your work over the years, I hope that some easier method can come to you. If not, c'est la vie.
.       Ivor

The original and real cat with the swishy tail.
Accept no imitations.

Offline Andrew Slater

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 14, 2017, 09:51:25 PM »
The Radio 4 Extra listing for the seven days beginning 15/04/17 has been posted at the following permanent link:

I can't manage the pdf at the moment, I'm afraid, but will do it early next week.

I've started looking at new code to produce the listing from the BBC web pages, and whilst I can't promise anything, it's looking hopeful. Next Friday will reveal whether it's worked  :)

Offline Andrew Slater

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 21, 2017, 08:36:51 PM »
Good news - I've managed to alter the program to use the BBC web pages .... and the BBC hasn't yet carried out its threat to remove the pages I was using before  ???

The Radio 4 Extra listing for the seven days beginning 22/04/17 has been posted at the following permanent link:

I'll post last week's pdf later  :)

Offline Andrew Slater

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 21, 2017, 09:40:27 PM »
I've just discovered an error in my code - sometimes programmes are missing, with their title appearing as the subtitle of the programme before.  I'll try to fix it tomorrow or early next week.

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 24, 2017, 12:11:41 AM »
:(  Thanks, Andrew.
Note to self:  Use your powers for good, not for evil.....

Offline Andrew Slater

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 25, 2017, 08:28:45 PM »
I should have said ... I've corrected it now (as far as I know ....)

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 25, 2017, 08:45:21 PM »
Thanks, again. :)
Note to self:  Use your powers for good, not for evil.....