Author Topic: Radio 7 abolished  (Read 5587 times)

Offline hershamroy

• View Profile
Re: Radio 7 abolished
« Reply #135 on: September 17, 2011, 10:49:00 AM »
I must say that I have not been impressed witht e new radio4extra, too uch music! bring back radio 7 immediately!:D

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2011, 10:37:33 AM »
It\'s not as bad as I\'d feared, Roy, but I\'m with you, not a DID fan much.
Note to self:  Use your powers for good, not for evil.....

Offline IvorThirst

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 19, 2011, 12:08:31 PM »
I didn\'t like to complain as I\'m not that musical myself, but there does seem to be a bit too much. I had hopes for the Cambridge Buskers but, while amusing, it is a bit highbrow for me. I have never been a fan of DID and don\'t listen to the repeats, but I do feel that it does have a place here, as it also covers the history of the \'victim\' as well as their tastes.
.       Ivor

The original and real cat with the swishy tail.
Accept no imitations.

Offline lifeonmarsfan

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 19, 2011, 07:07:05 PM »
My complaint is an echo of a complaint I read about at the old R7 boards, too many repeats. There are shows being repeated which were last heard only a few months ago. I don\'t know...maybe it\'s a good thing. If the Beeb does decide to cut all of us outside the UK off, we won\'t miss it so much. It might just be a matter of hoping people in the UK will share the content somehow online.

Offline tepeethetroll

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 19, 2011, 07:27:19 PM »
My complaint was never about the repeats; after all 7 (and now 4X) was set up to exploit the BBC radio archive. What  bugs me is that some programmes are repeated over and over again ad nauseum  - to the point that shows that I once enjoyed now leave me cold -  whilst other programmes hardly ever get an airing.  I know that in the main this is due to problems with broadcast rights, but it still leaves me a little frustrated.
I\'m NOT paranoid......thats just what THEY want you to think!!!