Author Topic: World On 3 - Jan 30_09  (Read 733 times)

Offline gentledove

• View Profile
World On 3 - Jan 30_09
« on: February 05, 2009, 07:30:41 PM »
I can\'t find a working link for \"World on 3\", Jan 30/09 edition.  Can anyone help me?  BTW, I live in Canada, so that may be the problem.  Thanks!

Sarah

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: World On 3 - Jan 30_09
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 07:58:26 PM »
I\'m in the US Gentledove....let me see what I can find out. :)
Note to self:  Use your powers for good, not for evil.....

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 08:13:33 PM »
The link seems to be defective Gentledove.:( (I\'ve tried several times). 3\'s message board shows several complaints about it.  I\'ve filed one myself. Currently, the best I can suggest is for you to report to the BBC\'s technical problems board. I\'m looking for the correct URL and will post it shortly.

Thanks for visiting.

Truthyness

A commitment to Mod\'nAdminlyness: I understand that  r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e  *i - s*    f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starc

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 08:31:24 PM »
Ok, I\'ve tried several different ways to listen (Real Player, iPlayer, pasting a working link and pasting in the time) nothing is working for me either. I notified them that the link isn\'t working. We\'ll see if we get a response ::crossing fingers::

Maybe someone in the UK can try it and see if it\'s playing for them. Usually, when there\'s an international restriction, they have a message indicating we can\'t get the program.

Also, if Kronalias is about, he might look into it as well.

Offline Kronalias

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 08:55:19 PM »
Hi GD!

The Beeb, for whatever reason, have decreed that this programme will not be transcoded to Real. Probably just a glitch from them...

Fear not. With a bit of luck help is on it\'s way.

I\'ll PM you in a while... actually it may be tomorrow, sorry.

Cheers, K

Offline conion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 09:10:54 PM »
this link works for me. Just copy and paste into the address field

rtsp://rm-acl.bbc.co.uk:554/radio3coyopa/radio_3_-_friday_2315.ra

Offline Janaru

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 09:44:06 PM »
Nope. Still not working for me Con. But the \"acl\" links always give me trouble. If I remember correctly, K said it was an international thing. But, I could be wrong, so it might be worth a try Gentledove. :)

Offline gentledove

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 10:47:19 PM »
I tried it and real player wouldn\'t play.  But thanks.

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 11:19:24 PM »
GentleDove, the suspense is killing me! Not certain this will be sorted in time. All this uncertainty\'s jolly irritating!

Thank you BBC for iPlayer and a cosmic MESS!

Re BBC international bar, this only relevant to TV stuff, Radio\'s supposed to be accessible to all. Still at first the the lads in the boiler room did succeed in messing things up royally as iPlayer was being forced down our throats. But that problem\'s supposed to have been sorted now. (A propos the iternational bar it is a copyright thing, the BBC has no choice in the matter).

Isn\'t there a way to force the thread using iPlayer? I vaguely remember reading some info on this, but could be wrong.

Kron said he\'d fix it but is taken up with other pressing stuff in the immediate. The troll is it\'s a 24 hours \'n counting situation.

A pox upon those BBC techies. They are naughty at times. Still I s\'pose we\'re lucky to (still) have it!

A commitment to Mod\'nAdminlyness: I understand that  r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-e  *i - s*    f-u-t-i-l-e.
I shall not be starc

Offline IvorThirst

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 12:11:58 AM »
Sorry for the delay, but the regulars will tell you that my body won\'t multi-task. If I eat a meal, drink some wine, I fall asleep.

However, I have just opened a new window on my browser and pasted in the link from conion\'s message (above). It loaded 1-48:00 of programme into RealPlayer. Although I haven\'t listened to it all, I have skipped through the progamme and it seems to be all there.
.       Ivor

The original and real cat with the swishy tail.
Accept no imitations.

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 12:29:12 AM »
Thanks Conion and Ivor but may I ask ... address field of wot and where? Tried pasting this into RealPlayer but nothing doing.

I shall not be starc

Offline IvorThirst

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 12:40:51 AM »
Hi Tru

I opened a new window and, having already highlighted and copied:

rtsp://rm-acl.bbc.co.uk:554/radio3coyopa/radio_3_-_friday_2315.ra

I went to the address window that, in this message, is currently showing:

http://beebotron.endoftheinternet.org/phorum/read.php?11,1900,1929#REPLY

I highlighted this window and then right-clicked and selected \'Paste\' with the first link.

If I wasn\'t already replying and Listening Again, I could have pasted it to the address window above.
.       Ivor

Accept no imitations.

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 01:18:00 AM »
Thank you Ivor, all perfectly clear now but still doesn\'t work. Jan (in her wisdom) has nailed it for us \"expats\". Those \"acl\" links do seem to be the problem. Last year when iPlayer was first thrust down our necks, we \"outsiders\" couldn\'t hear any of the iPlayer radio broadcasts, only RealPlayer still worked. But as the BBC was gradually fading the latter out ... there was a problem. For rights reasons TV relay over the internet for non-licence payers was brought to an end. Technically iPlayer made it possible to distinguish the location of each surfer to its site. Radio access was to be in no way changed. However down in the boiler-room the teckies didn\'t care (weren\'t paid enough/overworked) and so designed a system which couldn\'t be bothered to distinguish between radio and TV, it simply blanket barred all audiences beyond Blighty from radio and tv! Brilliant eh? Sluggishly the teckies got round to fixing the cock-up. But it would appear that still the eejits are getting it wrong!!

Thank god for Kron of the Beebotron, he has golden contacts in the hallowed halls so perhaps the \"glitch\" can be fixed in time yet.

I shall not be starc

Offline IvorThirst

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 01:43:44 AM »
Right, chuck. I see what you mean. I thought that in one of his messages to us, K had said something about you had to make sure that something was so, in order for the links being available to all. Unfortunately, I cannot find the programme on R3 Beebotron, which is strange because there\'s 20-odd hours to go.

Must go, the Microwave has just gone \'Ping\', which means that my Hot Water Bottle made of  scented pulses is hot and ready.

Nighty-night.
.       Ivor

Accept no imitations.

Offline Truthyness

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 01:47:23 AM »

I shall not be starc